Minutes Village BIA Annual General Meeting Tuesday, September 8th, 2015 – 6pm Ashburnham Ale House
Present: Board Members: Doug Shier, Chairperson – Sullivan’s Pharmacy Jenn Rowles, Secretary / Treasurer – Enticing Cakes Inc. Janet McLeod, Director-at-Large – East City Flower Shop Members: Sabrina Rowles – Enticing Cakes Inc. James Heard– Vintiques Tori Kelcey – Kelcey’s Nutrition
1) Approval Of Agenda Motion to approve agenda: Janet McLeod Seconded by: Doug Shier
2) Approval of Minutes – July 21, 2015 Minutes were approved without addendum or omissions. Motion to approve minutes: Doug Shier Seconded by: Jenn Rowles
3) Budget Jenn Rowles gave a summary of the accounts and indicated that with all foreseable expenses through the end of the 2015, the VBIA will have roughly $45,000 in reserves to meet 2016's first quarter expenses along with any projects the Board wishes to move forward on. Jenn presented the proposed 2016 Budget (attached), pointing out where any changes were made over the 2015 Budget. The proposed Budget was discussed at length with respect to advertising in particular. Janet took a moment to give some background to the new members in attendance about VBIA budget priorities in particular if the VBIA requested more funds from the City. She explained that the main expenditures have always been related to maintaining a beautiful and clean streetscape, which East City is known for throughout the city.
4) Vote on 2016 Budget Motion to approve the 2016 Budget as presented: Janet McLeod All in favour: All Any against: None
5) New Business Commissioning New Banners – 2 sets (1 Artisitic & 1 Welcome to East City) Motion to approve Donation: Doug Shier Seconded by: Sabrina Rowles Remove WheelsOnline Box from Hunter St. E. Motion to approve Removal: Sabrina Rowles Seconded by: James Heard - Letter of Decision to Box Owner to be sent. Advertising for 2016 Motion to discuss in detail at planning meeting: James Heard Seconded by: Janet McLeod - James Heard to check with local Radio & Print Businesses and gather quotes JERMX graffiti – Janet McLeod to inquire with local law enforcement/city to deter continuation
6) Report from Chair Doug Shier delivered his Report on the accomplishments of the VBIA over the past year and it's direction forward. In particular the completion of the Shell Gas Station which will be maintained by Melanie Dorricott until the end of 2015. The creation of the VBIA website which permits guests to connect to each business in East City/Ashburnham to name.
7) Nominations of Board Members None.
8) Other Business Replacement of Vice Chair: Karen Munro has requested to be replaced as Vice Chair as she is working out of the area. The board is agreeable to a Kawartha Credit Union Manager taking her place.
9) Set Date for Next Board Meeting Tuesday, October 27, 2015 Vote to approve the next Meeting date. All in favour: All Any against: None
10) Adjournment Motion to Adjourn: James Heard Meeting was adjourned at 7:32pm